martes, 14 de febrero de 2017

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate romance and love . But the origins of this festival of candy and cupids are actually dark, bloody — and a bit muddled.
The ancient Romans may also be responsible for the name of our modern day of love. Emperor Claudius II executed two men — both named Valentine — on Feb. 14 of different years in the 3rd century A.D. Their martyrdom was honored by the Catholic Church with the celebration of St. Valentine's Day.
Later, Pope Gelasius I muddled things in the 5th century by combining St. Valentine's Day with Lupercalia to expel the pagan rituals. But the festival was more of a theatrical interpretation of what it had once been. Lenski adds, "It was a little more of a drunken revel, but the Christians put clothes back on it. That didn't stop it from being a day of fertility and love."

Critic
I don't like too much this day because of the marketing thing but In the good way I think that this ok for demonstrate affect to the most important persons of your life , I think you can do that all the days of the year and it not necessary to wait to that date .

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario